- The term digital signage is used to describe the communication of dynamic information to an audience through electronic mediums like LCD or LED displays.
- According to the Digital Signage Association, the $1.1 billion industry has seen explosive growth in the last several years. The reason of course is the revolution in the LCD/Plasma technology. Screens are now so affordable that they can rival cost of printed signs over the course of time.
- For indoor purposes, the most common form of display used is the liquid crystal displays (LCD’s). Each display can be used as a single stand-alone sign or multiple displays can be connected in a network.
- This versatility provides corporations and organizations the flexibility to offer a consistent message to an entire audience or vary certain aspects of their communications based on screen location and expected viewer demographics.
- The ability to interface with computer networks provides the ability to communicate content and information in real-time to an audience.
- Virtually any place that has a need to communicate with an audience has the potential to improve its worth with an upgrade to digital signage.