Client: Famous Wok
Industry: Quick Serve Restaurant
Head Office: Richmond, BC, Canada
Operations: United States & Canada
Famous Wok family of restaurant brand includes Kung Pao Wok, Sizzling Wok & Flaming Wok with a franchise network that is spread across US and Canada. Many Famous Wok locations are frequently ranked #1 in food court sales performance with annual sales exceeding $1,000,000. Famous Wok restaurants offer fast and fresh authentic Chinese cuisine. The offerings at Famous Wok are quite extensive but it is well-known for its combo delicacies such as ‘Sesame chicken’ and ‘BBQ chicken’.
Using outdated static menu displays, Famous Wok restaurants were presented with the following challenges:
- The static menu boards could not display all the offerings without looking cluttered and confusing to the customer.
- They looked uninteresting adding little to customer appeal.
- The cost of replacing menus and promotional printed material throughout the year was becoming unsustainable.
- Price changes were becoming more frequent but were being held up or put off due to the long turn-around and high costs of reprinting and refitting menu displays.
Famous Wok management needed a menu display system that would:
- Enhance restaurant experience for their customers & decrease perceived wait time.
- Provide efficient and cost-effective way to advertise product selections in their locations in a dynamic format, making it easier to launch new products and showcase promotions.
- Have the ability to display eye-catching live menus that are easily configurable using a centralized system.
- Enable them to increase their revenue by up selling and promoting more profitable menu items.
- Most importantly, this system needed to be reliable and increase their in-store menu board compliance.
Famous Wok initiated the launch of its digital signage network initially at their two finest locations, ‘Toronto Premium Outlets, Halton Hills, ON’ and ‘Park Place, Lethbridge, AB’. This initial launch phase provided Famous Wok with the opportunity to review the software, hardware and installation process of replacing static menu boards with digital menu boards supplied by E-Display Inc.
E Display provided Famous Wok a custom built turn-key solution based on their individual need. In the delivery of the solution E Display worked with Famous Wok each step of the way from initial consultation to design, project management, installation, content creation, publishing and network management. E Display deployed five HD commercial grade 47’’ displays at these two Famous Wok locations; all of these displays were landscape mounted in conformance to Famous Wok menu layouts. E-Display used professional grade mounting equipment to install the screens. The screens were networked online using state of the art Media Player PC’s selected to offer quality and durability that is needed to perform in tough commercial environments.
As part of fully-managed service, E-Display uses its proprietary Signage-as-a-Service (Edisplay SaS) platform to easily manage the display content from a central location. The screens display a mixture of content ranging from flash based promotional and product information to the complete menu items offered by Famous Wok. Varieties of menu layouts were created to allow Famous Wok to offer different products, prices and promotions.
Famous Wok successfully implemented digital signage to address variety of issues surrounding traditional menu boards. With digital menu boards Famous Wok is able to achieve the following benefits:
- Increased sale by profiling key high-profit items using enticing high-def promotions.
- Instantaneous Content & Pricing Updates.
- Eliminated printing shipping and related costs associated with static menu boards.
- Lowered cost than Static Menus over the course of time.
- Faster rollout of new programs or promotions.
- Pain-free and Effortless central management of their menus.
- Decreased Customer perceived wait time and improved customer engagement.
- Enhanced environment and improved Image and branding.
- Compliance with the law to display Calorie information.
After achieving great results from digital menu boards deployments by E Display for their restaurants at ‘Toronto Premium Outlets, Halton Hills, ON’ and ‘Park Place, Lethbridge, AB’, Famous Wok is working with E Display to roll out the solution to their new outlets at ‘Guildford Mall, Surrey, BC’ and ‘East Gate Square Mall, Hamilton, ON’. Continuing with their expansion in US, Famous Wok will be using E Display digital menu solution at their newest location at ‘Las Vegas Premium Outlets, Las Vegas, US’. Famous Wok has been innovative in not only improving their in-store environment with more a dynamic visual platform but also their focus on costs related to updating menu boards nationally. Their digital signage network provides a seamless, integrated look through all of their locations which will strengthen their brand image with consistency in any location.
About E Display
E Display provides Cost Effective Turn-Key Digital Signage & Interactive Solutions to business in all verticals. E Display specializes in creating custom solutions that meet the individual need and budget of its clients. In support of solution delivery, E Display helps each client from initial consultation to design, project management, installation, content creation, publishing and network management. With their Signage-as-a-Service (Edisplay SaS) platform, E Display allows clients to use self-service or managed-service to operate and monitor their digital signage network over the internet. E Display also provides support for hardware that they sell effectively liaising with manufacturers for warranties and replacements on their client’s behalf. With offices in Calgary and Chicago, E Display serves clients through-out North America. For more information please visit their website at www.edisplayinc.com
Toll Free: 1-800-930-7860 (US & Canada)
Tel: 404-556-3795 (US)
Tel: 403-278-1300 (Canada)
US Address: 350 S. Northwest Highway, Suite 300,Park Ridge, IL 60068
Canada Address: 21, 1915 – 32 Avenue NE, Calgary, AB T2E 7C8
To View or Download this Case Study as pdf please click on the link below.
Digital Menu Boards – Case Study ‘Famous Wok’, by E Display Inc.